Back to School

Can it really be called "back" when she's never really been?  How about if she isn't even technically "going" this year?  I don't know the deep philosophical answers to those questions, what I do know is that I have 3 weeks worth of lessen plans and materials for our very own Lily Pad Preschool!  Oh wow!  I really like the sound of that.  Maybe I'll have a sign made, or add it to our arts and crafts, or sew something, or talk about it a lot and never actually get it done.

Madelyn is almost 4 and is in constant need of intellectual stimulation, so I devised a battle plan to help us through the long cold (to us who haven't lived winter in 11 years) VA winter.  My battle plan is preschool.   My sword is a pencil, my shield a piece of paper, this sentence a huge hunk of cheese.

For those of you in know about me, you know that schedules aren't really my thing, but I'm doing it.  I'm setting an alarm clock without having a specific place to go and we will start our days at the same time each day.  This is going to be a feat in and of itself as little miss M is not a morning person, and frankly, neither am I.  I can already see mornings of coffee and chocolate milk as we sit over the table tracing letters and working phonics.

I'll be updating here regularly with pictures and letting you know what did and didn't work.  I'm sure there will be plenty of funny somewhere, after all, I am a scatterbrain choosing to teach her child.

edited to add: I know that I wrote about this whole preschool thing earlier, but now I have a plan! and materials! and it's real! not just a thought in my head and on this blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MilSpouse Weekly Roundup

Can't wait